Shuttle van transfer from Roissy CDG to rue Jacob in Paris
History and visit the Rue Jacob in Paris
In Paris, in the sixth arrondissement is located the Rue Jacob. This route is in the district of Saint-Germain-des-Prés and begins from Rue de Seine until the Rue des Saints-Peres, in an extension of the rue de l'Université.
The street name comes from the fact that memory of the biblical patriarch, Marguerite de Valois had built the altar of Jacob. The Queen married Henry de Béarn in 1572 who later became Henri IV. She was born in 1552 and died in 1615.
In 1605, the famous queen nicknamed Margot had settled in the district of Saint-Germain. Three years later, she had driven the Brothers of Charity to replace Augustinian barefoot because she wanted to fulfill a vow. After being rescued and visited by God, she built a convent and a church for the Petits-Augustins. The convent was renamed the Monastery of the Holy Trinity altar with Jacob.
From 1836, we regrouped with Jacob street Rue du Colombier. The origin of these streets is that Jaillot Sauval and noticed a house called the Columbier near the walls of the abbey. In this way, there is also the Rue des Deux-Anges. It owes its name to two statues of angels placed at the corner of rue Jacob. But it was abolished in 1839.
Transfer to the Rue Jacob in Paris
Rue Jacob is 20 km from Orly airport, 39 km from Roissy Charles de Gaulle Airport and 113 km from Beauvais Airport.