Private car service from Roissy CDG to Rue Caulaincourt in Paris
History and visit the Rue Caulaincourt in Paris
Rue Caulaincourt is a Parisian way belonging to the 18th district. It begins on the Boulevard de Clichy and ends on the rue du Mont-Cenis and Francoeur. Its dimensions are 1245 m long and 20m wide.
This road was opened in 1867. It took its name in 1869 in honor of the Duke of Vicenza, Armand Augustin Louis, marquis de Caulaincourt. He was both a military and French diplomat. Eldest son of the general officer, Gabriel Louis Marquis de Caulaincourt, he entered service 15 years.
Rue Caulaincourt climbs a corner of the cemetery of Montmartre, passing over a viaduct, which is called the bridge Caulaincourt. This extends the street to St. Joseph de Maistre to Boulevard de Clichy. The December 16, 1888 was the opening of the viaduct.
At No. 1, there was a racecourse could receive up to 5000 spectators. Built in 1899, it was inaugurated on May 18 1900. Seven years later, he turned into a movie and then changed into a skating-ring. In 1911, Léon Gaumont aménagea in a movie theater who named the Gaumont Palace. It could accommodate 3,400 people. At the time the projections were always preceded by a piece played by an orchestra. In 1931, the hall was enlarged with a capacity of 5,000 seats. It is known today under the name Grand Rex.
The studio of the painter Numa Marzocchi Bellucci once implanted in the street. At No. 87 was the site of the workshop of the artist Charles Leander, the old mill of Fontaine-Saint-Denis found himself at No. 34. Around 1909, the Cabaret des Arts situation at No. 93.
Transfer to the Rue Caulaincourt in Paris
Rue Caulaincourt is located 29.4 kilometers from Orly Airport, 25.1 km from Roissy Charles de Gaulle Airport and 83.3 km from the airport of Beauvais.