Shuttle transfer to the district of Picpus in Paris
History and tour of the district of Picpus in Paris
The area belongs to Picpus 12th arrondissement of Paris. It is the 46th administrative district of the French capital. It has 62,947 inhabitants in 2005.The Bercy is located south of the district while the district Charonne north, the district of Three Hundred and west area of Bel-Air east.
The district Picpus was christened after the village of Spades chip that was in the same position as him in the 16th century. The name of this ancient village was given because of a disease that will spread and which manifested similar to mosquito bites skin reactions. This area belonged to the municipality of Saint-Mande as the neighborhood of Bel-Air. He was inside the bastion of Paris built in 1844. It is well connected to the city of Paris in 1860. Some of the wood of Vincennes belongs to this area.
The district is home to the famous Picpus convent and cemetery Picpus. The Picpus cemetery is part of private cemeteries in the city of Paris. It is located in the garden of the convent of canons of St. Augustine and spreads over an area of 21 hectares. It has 1306 people buried, including La Fayette. It shares the Place de la Nation with the district of Sainte-Marguerite. This site already existed in terms of Delagrive which dates from 1728.
Transfer to the district Picpus in Paris
The district Picpus is at a distance of 18.3 km from Orly Airport, 26.8 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 93.5 km from the airport of Beauvais.