Shuttle transfer to Salpêtrière district in Paris
History and visit the district of the Salpêtrière in Paris
The district of the Salpêtrière is a neighborhood that is attached to the 13th arrondissement of Paris. It is the 49th administrative district of the French capital. It is bordered by the Boulevard Saint-Marcel north, Boulevard Vincent Auriol in the south, east and Seine Avenue des Gobelins west. It is served by the metro, with lines 5, 6, 7 and 10. There were around 18,000 inhabitants in 2005.
The district of the Salpêtrière takes its name from the Pitié-Salpêtrière.C hospital is a hospital is public assistance. The construction of this hospital was made in 1656 by the architect Liberal Bruant. It is the largest general hospitals. Work expansions were made in 1684 to accommodate women in detention. The hospital compound houses the Chapel of St. Louis built during the reign of Louis XIV. It is shaped like a Greek cross and built with a classic style. The main hospital entrance opens onto the Boulevard de l'Hopital and the central pavilion is decorated by three arches. There is also the station Paris-Austerlitz. It is part of the large SNCF stations in the city of Paris. It was opened September 20, 1840 and registered as a historic monument in 1997. It is the work of architect Pierre-Louis Renauld. Renovations were made to the station in 2011. It has about 31 million annual transits.
Transfer to the district of Salpetriere Hospital in Paris
The district of the Salpêtrière is at a distance of 16 km from Orly Airport, 31.3 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 99 km from Beauvais Airport.