Private van pickup at rue Cortot and drop down at Charles de Gaulle airport
History and visit the Rue Cortot in Paris
Rue Cortot is part of the 18th arrondissement of Paris in the heart of Montmartre. It starts at the Rue du Mont-Cenis and ends at Wildwood Street. Dating from the seventeenth century, it originally named St. Jean. From 1864, it was renamed in honor of Rue Cortot Jean-Pierre Cortot, a French sculptor.
Personalities lived on the street. Between 1890 and 1898, the famous composer Erik Satie remained at No. 6. With an area of 9 m², he called his home closet. He played as a pianist in the cabarets of Montmartre. At No. 16 is found the house where Ignatius of Loyola and his companions gathered in the founding of the Jesuit order. The French singer and writer, Aristide Bruant also lived there from 1885. His home was on the corner of Willow Street.
A remarkable building stands at No. 12 rue Cortot. The large mansion was built in the sixteenth century and belonged to Charles de La Rose said Rosimond. The latter succeeded in Molière's troupe of actors from the king. It was a famous actor and collector. The building was converted into housing and workshops for artists in the nineteenth century. Several painters stayed there such as Renoir, Emile Othon Friesz, Maximilien Luce, Emile Bernard, Charles Camoin ...
Because of its dilapidated state, the building was nearly demolished in 1952. Old Montmartre which was a historical society and the archeology sauvegarda. In 1961, it became a museum which is now the Museum of Montmartre, dedicated to the artists and the history of Montmartre.
Transfer to the Rue Cortot in Paris Rue Cortot is located 29.3 kilometers from Orly Airport, 25 km from Roissy Charles de Gaulle Airport and 84.3 km from the airport of Beauvais.