Shuttle transportation from Ternes district in Paris
History and visit district Ternes in Paris
The Ternes district belongs to the 17th arrondissement of the city of Paris. This is the 65th administrative district of the French capital. It is one of the most affluent areas of the capital. It had about 39,000 inhabitants in 2005. It is served by lines 1, 2 and 3 of the Paris metro. It is surrounded by the Place des Ternes, the rue de Courcelles, Porte Maillot and the Avenue de Wagram.
The Ternes was attached to Neuilly before being annexed by the city of Paris. Its name came from the farm belonging to the bishop of Paris who is appointed Villa Externa and Estern and finally Ternes. This entire house was acquired by the poet and valet Henry III, Pierre Habert, into a castle. Previously, this area was very commercial. It housed the famous store "At the city Ternes" which is substituted by Celio.
The Ternes district houses the Palais des Congrès in Paris. This place is for different conferences, business as well as entertainment. It was built in 1970 by architect Guillaume Gillet while the facade is designed by the architect Christian de Portzamparc. Two large churches live in this neighborhood. The Church of St. Ferdinand des Ternes was built from 1937 to 1957. It is the site of the old church. The Church of Our Lady of Compassion is at the Porte des Ternes. It was built in 1843 and classified as a historic monument in 1929.
Transfer to Ternes district in Paris The Ternes is located at a distance of 24.4 km from Orly Airport, 28.1 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 83.5 km from the airport of Beauvais.