Private shuttle from Rue Lepic to Paris Orly airport
History and visit the Rue Lepic in Paris
Rue Lepic is a path that is located in the 18th arrondissement of Paris. It belongs to the district Grandes-Carrieres, measuring 755 m long and 10-14 m wide. It begins at the Boulevard de Clichy and ends at the Place Jean-Baptiste Clément. It is one of the most famous streets of Montmartre.
It was originally called New Road, then changed into Old Road. In 1852, it was called the Emperor Street or Royal Street. On August 24, 1864, it took its current name in memory of Louis Lepic, a French general. Integrating the Army of Italy in 1796, he participated vigorously in the Battle of Verona and the Battle of Eylau in 1807.
This road was previously one of the streets of the municipality of Montmartre. It was born in refurbishments carried out on trails and dirt roads that led to the Barriere Blanche and Place Blanche. Napoleon wanted to one day see first telegraph Chappe. To get there, he had to borrow the Old Way is now the Eavignan street. In bad states, the Emperor could not continue on this path with his horse, he had to continue on foot. The priest offered him the construction of a road to the site which became the Rue Lepic.
Many celebrities lived in this street as the painter Vincent Van Gogh and his brother Theo from 1886 to 1888 in a building which is located at No. 54. The painter Armand Guillemin are also lodged on the first floor. In 1900, the poet Paul Fort moved to No. 68, the novelist Georges Courteline at No. 89 ...
Transfer to the Rue Lepic in Paris Rue Lepic is located 29.7 kilometers from Orly Airport, 25.3 km from Roissy Charles de Gaulle Airport and 83.5 km from the airport of Beauvais.