Shuttle transfer to the courtyard of the Louvre in Paris
History and visit the courtyard of the Louvre in Paris
The courtyard of the Louvre is a part of the Louvre Palace which is located between the Saint-Germain l'Auxerrois Church and the Tuileries Gardens. It is located in the 1st arrondissement of Paris. Currently, the Louvre houses the largest museum in the art world : the Louvre museum.
The courtyard is one of the oldest parts of the best preserved of the Louvre Museum. It is a spacious courtyard located in the eastern part of the Louvre. It is located on the site of a medieval castle. It was built from 1546 under the command of Francois 1st. The design of the surrounding buildings was made by Pierre Lescot while ornamentation was made by Jean Goujon. Construction was continued during the reign of Henry II, whose layout of the ground floor and construction of a new building. The buildings that are built in a courtyard style of the Renaissance. They are quadrilateral and 160 meters measure sides. They have eight structured eight pavilions, including Sully pavilion, the pavilion of the King, the arts pavilion, pavilion southeast, the central pavilion wings, northeast pavilion , the pavilion of Marengo and the pavilion of Beauvais.
The courtyard of the Louvre is in part a representation of Egypt. The west facade of the buildings that surround it is adorned with various sculptures, statues and wide windows. While the facade is adorned by the colonnades du Louvre which were designed by the architect Claude Perrault. The construction of these columns has been made between 1667 and 1670. They are Corinthian style with a top that crowns the building with balustrades. The front is part of the French classicisms. The Lemercier wing is in the western part is ancient Egypt. The Nile is represented by a statue that is based on a pyramid and tramples on a crocodile. This famous sculpture is made by Philippe Lurent Roland in 1806.
The top floor on the west side was the work of Jean-Guillaume Moist from 1805 to 1806. The sculptures represent the law framed by Herodotus and Thucydides. Inferiorly to this gorgeous set is the representation of several characters, including leading figures of ancient Egypt Moses and Isis, a personality of ancient Rome Numa Pompilius and personality of the Inca Manco Capac empire. Isis sits on a pseudohiéroglyphes registration is capped by a bordered disc cow horns and lotus flower. It is represented half naked and wears an Egyptian dress. In his hand are a musical instrument and a lotus flower. A hawk representing his son Horus is placed on his shoulder. A statue of the Egyptian Queen Cleopatra on the façade of the building. It is the work of François Fannière and Ferdinand Faivre. The construction of the statue was made in 1902. This is the famous statue of archeology in his hand a figure of pharaoh.
Transfer to the courtyard of the Louvre in Paris
The courtyard of the Louvre is located at a distance of 19.2 km from Orly Airport, 29.1 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 88.7 km from the airport of Beauvais.