Shuttle transfer from place des Vosges in Paris to Charles de Gaulle airport
History and visit the Place des Vosges in Paris
Place des Vosges is a Parisian square. It measures 171,780 square meters in area and has a rectangular shape. It was formerly known as the Place Royale. Before the death of Henry II, this place was a place for festive for various competitions and entertainment. The accession of Henry IV has done it again this up a magical place. It is one of the oldest places, but also the most fabulous in the French capital. It is classified as a historic monument since 26 October 1954.
Place des Vosges is linked to two districts of Paris: the 3rd and 4th. The name she now bears was given in 1800. It is located in the Marais. The design of this site was made by Louis Métezeau as the Place Ducale in Charleville-Mezieres. The marriage of the daughter of Henry II of France with Philip II of Spain was made near the Vosges square June 30, 1559. During this marriage, Henry II and Gabriel de Montgomery fought. The eye of Henry II was hit and led to death July 10, 1559. The construction of this site began in 1605 during the reign of Henri IV. It was conducted on the whereabouts of the hotel Tournelles sad memory. The inauguration of this sublime place was made during the engagement of Louis XIII and Anne of Austria in 1612. This inauguration was characterized by a parade led by Antoine de Pluvinel. The middle of this place was for tournaments, duels or various games, because the terrain was flat and sandy. During the French Revolution, the square was renamed several times. She was called up Federated, place Weapons Manufacture, instead of the bow instead of the Artillery and indivisibility. The name she now bears was given in 1800 in honor of the Vosges department. When the monarchy was restored, it was its original name "Place Royale" between 1814 and 1830 and between 1852 and 1870. In 1830, the square was named Place de la Republique. A large concert choir was organized by the head of the Choral Society of Céciliens Charles Sellier on this site in 1830. The show was a great success.
The Place des Vosges was provided on the dimensions of 127 of 140 meters. In the initial draft of residential buildings of uniform shape would be built around the site. The buildings are two-story, built with red bricks, slate roofs and windows small windows. A royal ordinance in the 17th century ordered the construction of these buildings except the house of the king and queen of the pavilion. The pavilions were higher than other buildings. Construction of this site has been provided by architects Jacques and Claude Chatillon Androuet Hoop. The fragment of land donated by King Henri IV Claude Chatillon, he built his hotel. Conservation of buildings that are around this place is provided by the backup plan and development of the Marais since 1960. Currently, Louis XIII square in the center of the square. The square is decorated with four fountains designed by Jean Pierre Cortot and an equestrian statue of Louis XIII made by Charles Dupaty and Jean Pierre Cortot.
Transfer to the Place des Vosges in Paris
Place des Vosges is located at a distance of 23.1 km from Orly Airport, 28.8 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 88.6 km from the airport of Beauvais.