Street Polonceau is a street that is part of the 18th arrondissement of Paris. It belongs to the district of La Goutte d'Or. It is quite narrow with a length of 350 m and 24 m wide. It starts from the Rue de la Goutte d'Or and 1 rue Pierre L’Ermite and ends at 8 rue des Poissonniers .
Historically, this street was used initially to serve five mills that situèrent on the mound Crowns. It was first called the Millers Street, then street crowns before 1864. It also bore the name of path Crowns and road and street Five-Moulins. On 23 May 1863 she joined the city of Paris. He was bestowed its current name from the August 24, 1864 in honor of the French railway engineer, John Bartholomew Camille Polonceau. Inventor of Polonceau farm and imperial train of Napoleon III, he was director of the company's railway Strasbourg to Basel between 1842 and 1847.
The road crosses several ways such as Saint-Luc is located at No. 12, built in 1858, the street Erckmann Chatrian at No. 36, which took its name from two dramatic actors and Erckmann Chatrian. It also crosses the street Guards, also called Fashion Street because of the creators who have settled there.
It contains specific sites such as the Villa Poissonière which opens at No. 41, the former washhouse Sant'Angelo that once implanted at No. 35, a mosque that will be built later in the Institute of Islamic Cultures ...
Transfer to Polonceau Street in Paris Street Polonceau is located 28.4 kilometers from Orly Airport, 24.2 km from Roissy Charles de Gaulle Airport and 84.6 km from the airport of Beauvais.