History of the avenue of Champs Elysées in Paris
History and tour of the Champs-Elysees in Paris
The Champs-Elysees is the most famous and most beautiful avenue of Paris. It is located in the 8th arrondissement of the French capital and through the Champs-Elysées and the Faubourg du Roule. This avenue starts at Place de la Concorde and ending at the Place Charles de Gaulle. It has 1910 meters long and 70 meters wide. The creation of this avenue was made in 1670. Previously, it was called Alley Roule then Avenue de Neuilly. The name it now bears was given March 2, 1864 in reference to the Champs-Elysees. It is one of places that attract large numbers of tourists in the capital.
The Champs-Elysées is pursuing a straight course. It aligns various monuments and places of Paris unavoidable as the equestrian statue of Louis XIV, the Tuileries Gardens, the Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel, the Obelisk, the Arche de la Défense and the Arc de Triomphe . The Avenue is surrounded by walkways against-named rides the Champs-Elysees in its southern part. These paths cons follow the edge of the gardens of the Champs-Elysées. The gardens measure 300 to 400 meters wide and are divided into five squares. We can distinguish the square Ambassadors currently housing Cardin space, Marigny square that houses the Théâtre Marigny and the stamp market, the square of the Elysee, which houses the Pavillon Gabriel, the square of which the restaurant Géorama Ledoyen and the large square of the beater. The latter is also known as the large square of the Games and houses the National Galleries of the Grand Palais and the Palais de la Découverte. The arrangements made by the architect Jacques Hittorff brought a fountain in each square except for the large square beater. The northern part of the avenue is lined with luxury shops, great restaurants and various places of entertainment.
Previously, the space occupied by the Champs-Elysées was a marsh and inhospitable place. It is in 1616 that arrangements were made on the orders of Marie Medici. A sweeping driveway surrounded by trees was conducted. The arrangement of field work was continued in 1670 by landscape architect of Versailles André Le Nôtre. Trees and grass have been added throughout the avenue. Luxury boutiques have settled along the avenue until 1950. Headquarters of several companies have taken the place of these stores. Thus, shops accessible to everyone begin to implement the avenue. Improvements made in 1994 by Jacques Chirac, who was mayor of Paris at the time, have given an image of prestige avenue. This avenue is experiencing a great commercial success. An association called the Champs Elysees committee includes traders that avenue.
The Champs-Élysées has several unique buildings along its length. It s' there are hotels such as the Hotel de la Paiva, Hotel William Kissam Vanderbilt, the Carlton and the Elysée Palace. This avenue is often the scene of festive events. A great celebration was made on the avenue after the French victory in the World Cup football in 1998. The French military parade takes place every year on the Champs-Elysees. It is also the end point of each Tour de France cyclist.
Transfer to the Champs Elysees in Paris
The Champs-Elysées is located at a distance of 20.5 km from Orly Airport, 28.6 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 23.1 km from the airport of Beauvais.