Private car transfer to Place Vendôme in Paris
History and visit the Place Vendôme in Paris
Place Vendome is part of the 1st arrondissement of Paris. It begins at 356 rue Saint-Honoré and ends at 1 rue des Capucines. Square with sides at the corners, it extends 213 m long and 124 m wide. It is located east of the church of La Madeleine and north of the Tuileries Gardens. The architect Jules Hardouin-Mansart designed the master plan following a french classic .A column "Vendôme" is erected in the center of the square. Well known in the capital, it is world renowned as one of the most luxurious places in the world. It is served by the Metro Tuileries.
The creation of the Place Vendome was an idea of Jules Hardouin-Mansart in 1677. François Michel Le Tellier, Marquis de Louvois appreciated the idea and bought the Capucin Convent and the Hotel de Vendome in 1685. Jules Hardouin-Mansart and Germain Boffrand suggested building a great place to spot these two buildings. The place will be framed by large public buildings such as hotels de la Monnaie, Ambassadors, Academies, the Royal Library ... It will be opened on the rue Saint-Honoré. Piercing the facade as a monumental arch at the bottom of the site had to allow a glimpse of the Capuchin Convent, which was rebuilt in 1688 in the north of the square. Building facades that preceded buildings. François Girardon erected in the center of the square a bronze equestrian statue of Louis XIV at the request of Louvois.
The square was originally called up Conquests then changed to Place Louis le Grand. During the Revolution, it was known as the Place des Piques. On 20 January 1793, the French politician and jurist Louis-Michel Le Peletier de Saint-Fargeau was assassinated at the Palais-Royal. The image of her naked and bloody body in the middle of the square was painted by Jacques-Louis David in one of his paintings. In 1871, the square was named Place International. A few years later, it took the name of the Place Vendome in memory of the Hotel Vendome therein pitched before.
Inaugurated in 1699, the bronze statue of Louis XIV was destroyed 13 August 1789. It was replaced in 1810 by the Vendome column. Trajan's Column in Rome was the reference made by the architects Jacques Gondouin and Jean-Baptiste Lepere to build it .It has a spiral bas-relief where the sculptor Etienne Bergeret represented the 1806 campaign of Napoleon . A statue of Napoleon Caesar overcame the column. Under the July Monarchy in 1831, it was replaced by a statue of Bonaparte in Little Corporal. Communards in 1871 destroyed the column. It was recovered two years later.
The prestigious Place Vendome is home to many mansions. In his hand side we find the 8 Hotel Delpech of Chaunot at No. 10 Hotel de Latour Maubour at No. 12 Baudard Hotel St. James at No. 22 Hall Segur ... Its odd side contains Battle hotels Frances at No. 1, Lebas Montargis at No. 7, de Gramont at No. 15 to No. 17 Crozat, of Boullongne at No. 23 ... The jewelers, jewelers s' settled there in 1893 as Frédéric Boucheron, Louis Francois Cartier in 1899, Alfred Van Cleef and Salomon Arpels in 1906, Mauboussin in 1955, Fred in 1999 ... Followed watchmakers like Piaget, Rolex, etc.. as well as houses of haute couture such as Chanel Jewelry, Dior Jewelry ...
Shuttle to Place Vendome Paris airports
Place Vendome is located 22.1 kilometers from Orly Airport, 32.7 miles from Roissy Charles de Gaulle Airport and 88 km from Beauvais Airport.