Shuttle transport from Palais du Luxembourg to Paris airports
History and visit the Palais du Luxembourg in Paris
The Palais du Luxembourg is a great monument which is located in the 6th arrondissement of Paris, rue de Vaugirard. The palace dates from the seventeenth century. It was initially intended for secondary residence of Queen Marie de Medici. It currently houses the seat of the French Senate. It is adjacent to the Musée du Luxembourg, the residence of the President of the Senate is the Hotel du Petit Luxembourg and the Luxembourg Gardens.
The name comes from the Palais du Luxembourg in Piney Francis, Duke of Luxembourg, who was the owner of a hotel built in the sixteenth century. In 1612, the regent Marie de Medici acquired the hotel and the area called "Luxembourg". Three years later, she commissioned the architect Salomon de Brosse to build a palace on the ground. Prior to the completion, in 1625, she already lived in the palace. She had her house on the right side while his son Louis XIII occupied the left side of the palace. The painter Peter Paul Rubens realized thirteen paintings for the apartments of Marie de Medici. Today you see these paintings in the Louvre.
Following the Day of the Dupes, Louis XIII ordered the exile of his mother. In 1631, she had to leave the palace before the end of construction. Queen transmit it to his second son Gaston, Duke of Orleans when she died in 1642.He was his favorite child. The field successively changed hands after the death of Gaston. He first went to his wife, Marguerite de Lorraine, then to her first daughter, the Duchess of Montpensier, and his youngest daughter, the Duchess of Guise. In 1694, the latter gave it to his cousin. Philippe d'Orléans was the owner in 1715. He bequeathed it to his eldest daughter Marie Louise Élisabeth d'Orléans who went after his sister, Louise Élisabeth d'Orléans.
As an increase of prerogative, King Louis XVI gave to his brother, the future Louis XVIII, Louis-Stanislas-Xavier, Comte de Provence, the castle and estate in 1778. The Luxembourg Palace became national property in 1791 due to leakage of the latter. It served as a prison during the Terror and assigned to the Executive in 1795. The Conservative Senate succeeded Management in late 1799. He was assigned to the House of Lords in 1814.
Salomon de Brosse designed the Palais du Luxembourg by using the characteristics of French castles , but with a Florentine key. It consists of a square courtyard, courtyard is enclosed by an arched gallery, an input body topped dome Tournon. The openings on the ground floor of Doric are semicircular. You can see the Hall Guestbook. The architect Baraguay aménagea this room in 1816 to host Golden Peerage which restrained the names of visitors to the House of Lords the book. The south facade is composed of a large pediment, a terrace with balustrades, and a central pavilion.
From de1825, Petit Luxembourg, which was the original hotel served as the official residence of the President of the Senate. We called the hotel the Presidency building on the right. He holds his office as well as those of its employees. The building is composed of lounges and a private dining room. The dining rooms or large receptions were held by the Senate is located in against the building on the left, called salons Boffrand.
Shuttle Palais du Luxembourg in Paris airports The Palais du Luxembourg is located 15.9 kilometers from Orly Airport, 34.1 km from Roissy Charles de Gaulle Airport and 89.3 km from the airport of Beauvais.