The Bourdelle Museum is located on rue Antoine Bourdelle in the 15th arrondissement of the French capital. It is located in the area where Antoine Bourdellle remained from 1885. The opening of the museum was made in 1949. It preserves and presents paintings, sculptures and drawings. It features 500 works in plaster, bronze, marble from the era of modernism, expressionism, futurism, surrealism, abstraction, movement and contemporary. It has 40,000 visitors per year. The building is built in an eclectic style and has a beautiful garden sculptures. For one hundred years of Antoine Bourdelle, extension works were carried out on the building in 1961 by architect Henry Gautruche. A second expansion work is done by the architect Christian de Portzamparc in 1992. This work was funded by the sale of Herakles Archer bronze. A new wing with four levels was implemented. It consists of a large showroom for imposing and huge plaster figures, bathroom graphic art, a resource room and a workshop for children. The museum is part of the museum run by the public establishment of Paris since 1 January 2013.
The Bourdelle museum was a workshop-museum before the death of Antoine Bourdelle in 1929. The establishment of this museum was achievable through Gabriel Cognacq and Cleopatra-Sevastos Bourdelle. The land where the workshops were built for sale in 1930. Gabriel had Cognaq agent to buy as Cleopatra Bourdelle had not the means. But later Cleopatra Bourdelle Sevastos and Rhodia Bourdelle became owners of the land. This museum has a beautiful adorned by bronze works as the Fruit, Hercules the Archer garden. It has a large hall known as Hall casts. It is run by the architect Henri Gautruche. This room is intended to present to the public the great works in plaster. Development works were carried out by the designer Michel Duffett. Among the works exhibited in this room include the monument to General Alvear, France and Sappho. The hall leads to a small room dedicated to temporary exhibitions. Antoine Bourdelle lived in an apartment building between 1895 and 1918. Currently, room remains intact in the building along with a pastel cabinet and a bed. The workshop Antoine Bourdelle was in the middle of the museum from 1885 until his death in 1929. Furniture, paneling and parquet of the workshop are still original.
The Bourdelle museum also has temporary exhibition hall. Contemporary works and works by Bourdelle are exposed in these rooms. Among the exhibitions, there is little mention of the Luciani Fabro in 2004 Rutault in 2005, Didier Vermeiren in 2006 or Saerkis Tilt in 2007. Off the walls of the museum exhibitions are also organized as Antoine Bourdelle passer modern Romania at the National Art Museum. The museum is open every day of the week except Monday. The visit to the museum is free. It is served by several subway stations including metro Montparnasse Bienvenue and Falguire. The collections of this museum reflect the way of life of the artist. Simplicity characterizes his work has its beginnings and its installation in the city of Paris.
Transfer to the Bourdelle Museum in Paris The Bourdelle Museum is at a distance of 18.5 km from Orly Airport, 31.7 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 96.5 km from the airport of Beauvais.