History and visit the museum plans-reliefs in Paris
The museum plans-reliefs is in the 7th arrondissement of the French capital. It preserves and provides relief maps which generally date from the 17th century. It has a large number of collections of model town and French countryside since the reign of XIV to Napoleon III. The museum's collections are classified as a historic monument since July 22 1927.Le architectural style of the building is a classic style of Louis XIV. It is served by several subway stations, the metro Invalides, the subway ride Maubourg and Varenne metro and RER invalid.
The museum collects raised relief maps which are geographic schematizations relief that are shaped model. It shows every detail with scales. Initially, this method was used by the army. At the suggestion of the Minister of War of Louis XIV, Louvois, the first collection was established in 1668. The first model was built was the model followed by Ath Dunkirk and Lille. They were presented at a scale of 1 to 600th since 1680. They show the appearance of cities to the smallest details. An inventory was made by Vauban in 1697 at the Palais des Tuileries. He had at that time 144 relief maps. Initially, the models were produced to be viewed by the king. The collections were transferred to the Louvre in 1700 in the gallery of the waterfront. The reduced-size reproductions of the cities were then considered as art objects.
Special permission was needed to see these models. It is in 1774 that the collections were moved to the hotel invalid. Part of the relief maps were damaged while another part has been repaired. A law dated July 10, 1791 the committee entrusted models fortifications. A new model was being built in 1794. This is my miniature city of Toulon, built in memory of the siege of Toulon by the English in 1793. The museum is open to the public once a year since 1794 until 1914. During the reign of Napoleon, many new miniature were created. Several relief maps were confiscated by the Prussians during the occupation of the city of Paris by the allies. They are all gone except for Lille, which could be recovered and repaired. The collection of relief maps was more then attached to the geographical service of the army. Their function was to maintain and keep in good condition models. The museum plans-reliefs is open to the public since 1943. Currently, 28 relief maps are displayed in the museum.
The Museum of Relief Maps provides maps in relief, history, models, technical planning covering the Baroque eras, rococo, neoclassicism, romanticism, realism, impressionism and symbolism. The collections of this museum are educational tools and valuable documentary sources. The museum can be made freely or conference. Rates for visits vary modes of visits and as visitors. The museum has an educational workshop that is open to children over 8 years during the Easter holidays.
Transfer to the museum plans-reliefs in Paris The museum plans-reliefs is at a distance of 17.7 km from Orly Airport, 32.7 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 88.3 km from the airport of Beauvais.