Place Dauphine is a place in the 1st arrondissement of the French capital. It is located west of the Île de la Cité in the Saint-Germain l'Auxerrois. This place is the second place of the royal city of Paris. It begins at 2-20 rue de Harley and ends at 28-29, rue Henri Robert. It measures 102 meters long and 12-67 meters wide. The name it now bears was given in 1814, but she had already paid between 1580 and 1792. This name is in honor of Dauphin, the future King Louis XIII. Thus between 1792 and 1814, this place was called Place de Thionville. It is classified as a historic monument since 1950. A large number of buildings that are on this site are classified as a historic monument.
Place Dauphine is located on a triangular site whose tip led to the Pont Neuf. The eastern part of the site is separated from the courthouse by de Harley Street. The separate buildings with the Quai de l'Horloge and the dock Goldsmiths. It is served by the Metro Pont Neuf. This site is installed on the whereabouts of three alluvial islands, including the island of Treader cows, the island and the island of Patriarch Jews. Construction of the site took place between 1578 and 1607. Thus, the islands were unified and linked to the Island City. Some changes have taken place in the western part of the city after the work on the Place des Vosges and the Pont-Neuf.
The land where lies the Place Dauphine was given by the king to the first president of the parliament of Paris mortar I Achille de Harley. Thus, he obtained permission to build up to it. The buildings on this site must be adequate to the demands of the king. Thus thirty-two houses made with white stone quoins and has two floors, a ground floor were built around the square. The buildings on the Place Dauphine were among the best examples of urban planning of the city of Paris, but gradually transformed by the owners. Among trentaines houses built on this site, only two of them still exist today. The others were destroyed or altered in the 18th century. A bronze statue of Henri IV is placed in front of the original buildings. To clear the rear facade of the courthouse, constructions based on the triangle of the square were destroyed in 1874. They are being replaced by trees. Despite the various transformations of this place, it is still a quiet place.
Place Dauphine housed celebrities including actors Simone Signoret, Yves Montand and André Antoine. The publishing house belonging to Madame Jeanne Mayer Odin is at number 24 this place. The fair youth who was a painting exhibition was held in the square before the revolution. It is also mentioned in some literary like Gerard de Nerval or works of Anatole France. Films and television series have been filmed on this site. It is relatively popular with the presence of various restaurants, cafes and art gallery.
Transfer to the Place Dauphine in Paris Place Dauphine is located at a distance of 18.2 km from Orly Airport, 27.5 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 88.5 km from the airport of Beauvais.