Transfer to the church of St. Nicolas des Champs in Paris
History and visit the church of St. Nicolas des Champs in Paris
The Church of St. Nicolas des Champs is located on the rue Saint-Martin of the 3rd arrondissement of Paris. It is placed between the rue Saint-Martin, the street-Cunin Gridaine the Turbigo Street and Rue Reaumur. It is located in the vicinity of the Priory Chapel Saint-Martin, which is often confused with the church. This building features a flamboyant style and is listed as a historic monument since 10 February 1887. Construction of the church began in the 12th century and ended in the 17th century. This church is attached to the Archdiocese of Paris is celebrated Roman Catholic worship there. It measures 90 meters long and 36 meters wide. It is served by several subway stations, which Reaumur metro, Sebastopol metro and metro arts and arts and crafts. St it as accessible by bus RATP, the lines 38, 47 and 20.
The Church of St. Nicolas des Champs was attached to the abbey of St. Martin des Champs, which has now become the museum of arts and crafts. It was built in order to receive the employees of the abbey. It is transformed into a parish in 1184 after the reconstruction it had suffered. With the increase in population, the church became too small to accommodate the faithful where new renovation from 1420 to 1480. Since these works, the church still maintains its Gothic style. Expansions were undertaken on the church in the 16th century. The gate that opens onto the street Cunin-Gridaine dates from this period. A manifestation of the Spirit through St. Louise de Marillac was held in the church at Pentecost 1623. Hence the founding of the Congregation of the Daughters of Charity in the latter. It was as a spiritual guide St Vincent de Paul. This church has special organs since 1418. The organ that is in the current church dates from the 17th, 18th and 20th century. The inventor of the system of tactile writing Louis Braille was the owner of one of the organs in 1834. The person playing the organ between 1841 and 1854 was that of Edward Baptist and between 1954 and 1972 was Michel Chapuis. Currently, it is Genvrin Vincent and François Ménissier exercising the role of organists in the church.
The Church of St. Nicolas des Champs has a tower measuring 32 meters in height and a double gallery surrounding the church choir. The ambulatory is also surrounded by 12 chapels equipped with 1000 columns built in different eras. The church is characterized by a posterior part of the altar very imposing. It is the work of Simon Voeut and date from the 18th century. The altarpiece is 12 meters high and shows a representation of the Assumption of the Virgin. The chapel of the Virgin is also the sumptuous painting "Madonna Vic" painted by Frans Pourbus the Younger in 1617. Many works of art adorn the church. Many of these paintings retain their originality while some were being restored. Many painters have contributed to tables that decorate the chapels of the church as Jacques Stella, Claude Vignon or Nicolas Coypel. It also has beautiful statues as the representation of the Virgin with the infant Jesus. This statue is made of marble and is the work of François Nicolas Delaistre. Since 1617, the church received various events organized by the Emmanuel Community.
Transfer to the church of St. Nicolas des Champs in Paris The Church of St. Nicolas des Champs is located at a distance of 19.6 km from Orly Airport, 26.4 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 87.4 km from the airport of Beauvais.