The Palais Bourbon was a mansion belonging to Louis Francoise de Bourbon. It is located on the Quai d'Orsay, the 7th arrondissement of the French capital. The construction of this magnificent palace are made between 1722 and 1728. The architects who contributed to its construction are Giardini, jeans Aubert, Jacques V Gabriel and Pierre Cailleteau. Currently, the building houses the French National Assembly. Custody of the property is provided by the 2nd Infantry Regiment of the Republican Guard. It is classified as a historic monument. The palace is served by several subway stations, including the underground "National Assembly", metro "Concorde" and the metro "Invalides".
The construction of the Palais Bourbon was made for the daughter of Louis XIV and Madame de Montespan Mademoiselle de Nantes known as Louise Françoise de Bourbon. It was built on land belonging to the Duchess of Bourbon. Construction of the building was started by architects Pierre Cailleteau and Giardini. But after their death, they were replaced by Jacques V Gabriel and Jean Aubert. The building features an architectural style in Italian and is reminiscent of the Grand Trianon. It is built along the hotel Lassay. He was regarded as having the most beautiful decorations of the city of Paris. The palace became the property of Louis XV after the death of the duchess, and became the property of the Prince of Condé in 1764. Expansion work was done by Le Carpentier and Bellisard. Buildings were added around the courtyard. It was the residence of the princes of Condé and the Dukes of Bourbon to the French Revolution. The Prince of Conde wanted to resume the palace during the restoration. The Palais Bourbon became the owner of the State in 1827.
The Palais Bourbon was entered as a national asset in 1791. He received the future Polytechnic in 1784. An amphitheater is installed by architects Jacques-Pierre de Gisors and Emmanuel Leconte Cherub. Currently, there remains the platform and the perch of this development. A wooden gallery is added to link the Bourbon palace and hotel Lassay. This gallery is transformed into a banquet hall in 1848. The interior of the palace is made between 1827 and 1832 by the architect Jules Joly. The work involved in setting up a new arena and development of the south facade of the building.
The roof of the palace have been redeveloped in the 20th century to enlarge the workspace. The installation of underground parking, an audiovisual control and a power plant was also carried out. This emsemble eat and the "National Assembly" was put in place and covered an area of 124,000 square meters and has about 9500 parts. This set are composed of three palaces and buildings housing offices, meeting rooms, a conference room, a restaurant. It houses the lower house of the French Parliament members. It also has a very rich library collections. These collections were established following the confiscation of people of high expatriate society.
Transfer to the Palais Bourbon in Paris The Palais Bourbon is located at a distance of 19.6 km from Orly Airport, 28.7 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 87 km from Beauvais Airport.