Shuttle to the Palais de Chaillot in Paris
History and visit the Palais de Chaillot in Paris
The Palais de Chaillot is located in the 16th arrondissement of Paris, on the Place du Trocadero. It was built on the site of the old Trocadero Palace by architect Léon Azéma, Jacques Carlu and Louis-Hippolyte Boileau. Are drawing was made to host the World Expo 1937. You can see the Theatre National de Chaillot, which is a great venue.
In place of the Palais du Trocadero succeeded several architectural projects. In 1583, the wife of Henry II, Catherine de Medici commissioned the architect Étienne Dupérac to build a holiday home. It had to be drawn from ancient villas. Pierre Jeanin acquired it places the seventeenth century. In 1630, they belonged to Marshal Bassonpière Henri IV who was the comrade. Twenty years later, a convent of the Order of the Visitation was erected on this site at the request of Henrietta of England. This priory disappeared during the French Revolution.
In the nineteenth century, plans were devised for the use of this place. The Emperor Napoleon I wanted place the palace of the King of Rome, home of her unborn son in 1811. Architects Charles Percier and Pierre Fontaine had to take charge of its construction. Fontaine projected to make an extraordinary book, located in the heart of the administrative and military imperial city. In 1824, a development of the Chaillot Hill project was crafted by Antoine-Marie Peyre. He called his project "Villa Trocadero" in memory of Fort Trocadero. In 1826, it was projected to build in front of the Military School a great monolith monument in memory of the capture of Fort Trocadero in 1823 by the Duke of Angoulême. The project to build the tomb of the emperor was advanced during the July Monarchy. Indeed, Camille wanted Moret place the tomb of Napoleon in 1839. Hector Horeau, meanwhile, counted put a large statue of the emperor. In 1848, the famous sculptor Antoine Étex foresaw this place to erect a monument to freedom. Ten years later, he proposed to put a monumental fountain at the entrance of government and the Imperial Palace Hotel. Hector Horeau envisaged in 1868 to erect a statue of Intelligent France enlightening the world. Until 1876, none of these projects are born.
For the Universal Exhibition of 1867, it effected the earth work and grading. Architects Jules Bourdais and Davioud Gabriel took charge of the construction Trocadero Palace to host Expo 1878. The engineer Jean-Charles Alphand took charge of the palace gardens. It also hosted the Universal Exhibition of 1889 and the 1900. The Trocadero Palace housed the museum since its construction of French monuments, founded by Eugène Viollet-le-Duc in 1879 and the Musée de l'Homme. A popular observatory was installed in 1880.
The Trocadero Palace was replaced by the Palais de Chaillot. Consisting of two buildings, the Palais de Chaillot, however, kept the frame and the configuration of two curved wings of the former palace. The building is decorated with works by artists Marcel Gimond, Leon Ernest Drivier and Paul Belmondo. By a decree of 24 December 1980, facades and roofing, square, terrace, stairs and the original palace decorations were classified as historical monuments. The Trocadero Gardens is located in front of the palace. It consists of fountains, cascading pools, sculptures ...
Shuttle to the Palais de Chaillot from Paris airports
The Palais de Chaillot is located 24.3 kilometers from Orly Airport, 30.5 km from Roissy Charles de Gaulle Airport and 85.8 km from the airport of Beauvais.