Transfer from Place Dauphine in Paris to Orly airport
History and visit the Place Dauphine in Paris
Place Dauphine is part of the 1st arrondissement of Paris. It is located in the district of Saint-Germain l'Auxerrois, west of the Ile de la Cité. It starts at 2 and 20 de Harley Street and ends at No. 28 and 29 of Henri-Robert. It is 102 m long and 12-67 m wide. After the Place des Vosges, this is the second royal palace of the seventeenth century the capital. Place Dauphine extends over an area of triangular shape whose tip leads to the center of the Pont Neuf, on the Place du Pont-Neuf. Street Harlay tiebreaker its part of the palace of justice. A series of buildings between the two other sides of the Quai de l'Horloge and dock Goldsmiths. This site is served by the line M 7.
The site occupies the site of three former alluvial islands awash whose oxen Island, the island of the Patriarch and the island to the Jews. These islets were collected and included in the Ile de la Cité in the construction of the Pont Neuf, which took twenty-nine years of work. King Henry IV wanted to replace the three islands qu'occupèrent up a residential site. As a reward for loyal service of his servant, I Achille de Harley, the king offered him land, located at the western end of the Ile de la Cité. Some time later, he was allowed to accommodate the second Royale Paris in the seventeenth century, however, provided to comply with the requirements of the King and the Grand Voyer Sully. The latter wanted that can be used instead of promenade, adorned with two-storey houses with shops on the ground floor.
Construction began in May 1607 after qu'Achillede Harlay overcomes a modest fee. The king named the place in honor of the future Louis XIII, the Dauphin. De Harley erected the thirty-two houses that had surrounded the royal palace following the original plans. However, it was required to find buyers for the houses circumstances for them to make a place of exchange or trading. Gradually, opticians, jewelers, engravers and others settled there. Different owners succeeded in uniform houses. They distorted the original image space. Between 1792 and 1814, the place was known as the Place de Thionville. The Memorial Fountain of General Desaix was erected on this site between 1803 and 1874. Only two corner pavilions kept their original aspects among the thirty-two uniform houses. The bronze statue of Henri IV was erected in front of these two buildings. Inaugurated in 1818, it replaced the one that was destroyed during the revolution. From the eighteenth century, the remaining buildings experienced much change. Some were destroyed, others rebuilt or enhanced. Place Dauphine was increasingly distorted with the demolition in 1874 of its triangular base, which was the even side of the street De Harlay. This allowed to make visible the rear facade of the Palace of Justice. Trees occupied the space later.
Famous people lived on the Place Dauphine. Resided at No. 15 Simone Signoret and Yves Montand, a couple of famous actors. The French actor André Antoine, who was the founder of the Theatre Libre occupied a house at No. 28. Place is frequented by small restaurants, cafes and art galleries there.
Transfer to Place Dauphine in Paris from airports of Paris
Place Dauphine is located 19.7 kilometers from Orly Airport, 33.9 km from Roissy Charles de Gaulle Airport and 88.5 km from the airport of Beauvais.