Shuttle transportation to Quai des orfevres in Paris
History and visit the Quai des orfevres in Paris
Located in the 1st arrondissement, the Quai des orfevres is in the district of Saint-Germain. It begins with the Pont Saint-Michel to finish on the Pont Neuf. The Quai des orfevres extends 366 m long and 14 m wide. It is located along the Seine, the Ile de la Cité. The name "Wharf Goldsmiths" also is the name of the Regional Directorate of the Judicial Police of Paris which is at No. 36. Each year, a "price Quai des orfevres' is awarded to the winner of the French literary prize. The competition had been conducted since 1946 by juries by police and magistrates.
Thoroughfare between the Pont Neuf and the old street in Jerusalem, the construction of Quai des orfevres was carried out between 1580-1643. As its name suggests, the dock was once the location of the residences of goldsmiths, jewelers and jewelers in the city of Paris. Following the French Revolution, the platform should lose its original name and became known as "Quai du Midi." When Napoleon was in power, he renamed the dock by its original name. Before the construction of the dock, there are many houses on the site were destroyed. The demolition was formalized by Decree of 7 July 1807.
In 1871, the Prefecture of Police of Paris had settled there after staying for 71 years in the former mansion of the first presidents of the parliament. This hotel was at that time at the end of the Rue de Jerusalem. In 1871, the hotel was the victim of a fire due to the protest of the Communards. It was Jules Ferry who decided at that time that the police should move to the building of the Palace of Justice at No. 36. This building has seen countless criminal as Violet Noziere or Jacques Mesrine. The Swiss Academy, painting workshop, led by the "Swiss Father" was on the Quai des Goldsmiths in the first half of the nineteenth century. At No. 68 is placed between 1948 and 1988 the famous bookshop and publishing house of the famous literary critic Martin and Karl Flinker Flinker.
The Quai des orfevres is made of pavers, walls and offices have all grown older with time. Over 140 steps, one can still find the original lino. The platform gives a magnificent view when it is lit by vessels in the Seine at night. Many police and filmmakers had found their inspirations on this platform, especially No. 36 novelists. In 2016, the Judicial Police will again leave the Quai des orfevres to settle in the Batignolles. The dock had been classified as a historical monument and has a protection. Renovations were made, especially in the aisles so that they remain in good condition. Only the walls and the floors had kept their original speeds. As for the buildings, they also kept their forms, but only the interior were upgraded and developed. The spectacular view that overlooks the Seine attracts many visitors to the capital.
Shuttle Quai des orfevres in Paris
The Quai des orfevres is 19 km from Orly Airport, 34 km from Roissy Charles de Gaulle Airport and 88 km from Beauvais Airport.