History and visit the dock Tournelle in Paris
Located in the 5th arrondissement, in the Saint-Victor area, the dock of the Tournelle is a street starting with the Pont de Sully Saint-Germain and ending street Maitre Albert. The dock has a length of 420 m and a width of 23 m. It was in 1554 instead of the Saint Bernard. The platform currently connects two main streets in the city, it is the street of Fosses-Saint-Bernard Street Bièvre. Classified as a historic monument, the Quai de la Tournelle currently has a global protection.
The dock Tournelle is divided into two sections, the first is limited by the street Fosses-Saint-Bernard and Rue de Pontoise. The first renovation was born August 12, 1650 when the state had been renovating the dock for the latter is made of a paved width of 10 yards. 80 years later, it was decided that the platform should be extended and that the decision necessarily required the demolition of some houses. The name "Quai de la Tourelle" was established in 1750 saw the chief work Jaillot had decided to no name at the time of construction. As for the second part, it is located between the street and the street Pontoise Bièvre. This second portion had inherited the name of "Miramiones dock" at the time of construction. Later, a prefect had announced the merger of the two parties, forming 3 September 1835 the real "Wharf Tournelle."
Tournelle existed until the late eighteenth century. She fell when Henry II was in power. Yet she had served as protection for the passage of the river through a channel. Given its apparent decay, King Henry II ordered that the dock is again re-established in 1554. From 1632, Vincent de Paul made a special request to the king, asking him to transform into a prison Tournelle. His request was accepted and served Tournelle dungeon for criminals for more than 120 years. As to the Porte de Saint-Bernard, who was at the back of the Tournelle, she was finally destroyed in 1787, however, she had already been rebuilt and renovated in 1606. The gate of St. Bernand has not been reconstruction after that.
One of the famous buildings that were on the dock in 1636 was the Convent of Miramoines. This monastery was a refuge and education center for the poor. This is thanks to the convent that the platform of the Tournelle formerly called dock Miramoines. The convent and the community that was there had been abolished in 1790. The Daughters of St. Genevieve Miramoines or had left the area and the building later became the central pharmacy for civilian hospitals and hospices in the capital. Later, the building became the Museum of Public Hospitals of Paris. Along the Quai, one can see many historic houses as the "Silver Tower" restaurant No. 15-17, Hotel President Rolland Barthelemy-Gabriel No. 37, Hall No. 47 at Miramion.
Taxi shuttle to dock Tournelle in Paris
Tournelle doxc is located at 19 km from Orly Airport, 33 km from Roissy Charles de Gaulle Airport and 89 km from Beauvais Airport.