History and visit René -Le- Gall Square in Paris
René- Le- Gall square is a large green space as part of the 13th arrondissement of Paris . It is also called the Garden of Gobelins. Its total area is 32,213 square meters. The square was built in 1938 by architect Jean- Charles Moreux the site of the former outbuildings of the national furniture and the Manufacture des Gobelins. It is bounded on the north by Emile- Deslandres south by Corvisart Street, on the east by the Croulebarbe and west by the school Rodin. The main entrance to the square is located on the Place de la Bergère -d'Ivry . However, it is accessible by four inputs including appendices streets Berbier -du- Mets , the Ropes , Croulebarbe and Emile Deslandres . The square is named after René Le Gall, a former councilor of the thirteenth arrondissement. That belonged to the Resistance, Le Gall was killed by the German authorities on 7 March 1942. Labeled QualiPARIS , the square is classified as historical monuments since 8 April 1997. It is open from 8 am to 21 pm 30. It is accessible to visitors by the RATP bus lines 27, 47 , 83 and lines 6 and 7 stations Corvisart metro Les Gobelins .
Before 1938 , a vegetable garden , upholsterers Manufacture des Gobelins bristled at the current location of René -Le- Gall square. The former kitchen garden situation on Monkey Island , a small island formed by the Paris branch of the Bievre. This island is so named because the entertainers are left their monkeys . The pubs and taverns located on the island were places of entertainment workers of the factory. In 1933, the Bièvre not existed anymore. Five years later , Jean- Charles Moreux materialized by an avenue of poplars the bed of the ancient river in terms of square. Poplars were later replaced by charms. After the Liberation , he was discerned in the square named after former alderman René Le Gall . The creation of a landscaped garden consists of a play area in 1981 expands the surface of five thousand square meters to square Émile- Deslandres . Work expansions were again made in 1993 by the creation of an artificial stream in memory of the old course of the river. This new development was enlarged the square of 1500 square meters to the street Ropes . In 2009, a renovation of the projected expansion in 1981 by the construction of a sports field and a space dedicated to relaxation . In 2011, a shared garden was born in this part of the square . We moved to the right of the entrance to the Émile- Deslandres . It was inaugurated on May 8, 2011. A charter signed by the Mayor of Paris and an association conferred to it the management of this garden. The 2009 draft was completed in 2012.
René- Le- Gall square is divided into three parts. The side of the Mobilier National stands a large grassed area in the middle which is confined obelisk erected a four gazebos . The center of the square is formed by a forest composed of several species such as fruit trees, ash, sycamore ... The square has a baby over and public toilets . Finally, the square contains at the other end , a play area consists of sports fields , a sandbox , swings ...
Taxi to René -Le- Gall Square in Paris
René- Le- Gall square is located 13.2 kilometers from Orly Airport, 32.5 km from Roissy Charles de Gaulle airport and 101 km from Beauvais Airport .