History and visit the Theatre Marigny in Paris
The Marigny Theatre is located at the opening of the Avenue des Champs- Elysées , the Marigny square , at the gardens of the Champs -Elysées in the 8th arrondissement of Paris . It was built in 1894 by architect Edward Niermans . It consists of two large rooms , the Great Hall which has a capacity of 1024 seats and Popesco room which has 311 seats. Since 2000, the Marigny theater owned by François Pinault . The artistic director of the theater was provided by Robert Hossein , he was replaced by Pierre Lescure since 2008. In addition to the theater , the hotel also hosts other cultural events such as shows and one man shows . The theater receives about two hundred thousand spectators per year. In 2010 he joined the National Union of Directors and turners Private Theatre ( SNDTP ) and the Association for the Support of Private Theatre ( ASTP ) aimed at strengthening the historical model of the private theater. It is open Monday to Saturday from 11 am to 18 : 30 pm and Sunday from 11 am to 15 pm . The theater is served by metro Champs- Élysées - Clemenceau , lines 1 and 13 , and Franklin D. Roosevelt, lines 1 and 9.
The history of the Marigny theater began in 1835 when a magician wanted to offer its attractions per square Marigny . After the revolution of 1848 in a small room called Château d'Enfer , were organized shows physical fun , spooky and full of curiosity. A few years later , Jacques Offenbach, a French cellist and composer of German origin , transformed the small room into a theater. It was inaugurated July 5, 1855 , known as the Bouffes -Parisiens . When the lease expired in 1859 , the band Offenbach moved to a room in the Rue Monsigny . The theater then took the name of the son of the famous mime Jean -Gaspard Deburau Deburau Charles , director of the institution . Celeste Mogador Deburau directed the theater until 1865 , year in which he or changed in Folies- Marigny . In 1881 , it was demolished . The architect of the Paris Opera , Charles Garnier built an overview two years later, the Panorama Marigny . In 1894 , it was transformed into a theater rotunda following the plans of architect Edward Niermans . From 1910 , the theater was managed by Abel Deval .
Fifteen years later, the facility was expanded and directed by Leon Volterra. In 1946 , it gave Simone Volterra, his wife, the management of the institution . The Renaud-Barrault company , composed of former members of the Comédie- French born from there . In 1954, a small room was set up in the theater by Jean- Louis Barrault . It was called the Petit Marigny . The actress Elvira Popescu led the theater between 1965 and 1978. The hotel was renovated shortly after . The small room was converted into a small theater with a capacity of more than three hundred seats . Gabriel was appointed room and bathroom Popesco . Until 1988 in the Marigny theater there was a television show aired entitled the theater tonight , it also served to celebrate the ceremonies Molières . In 2000 , the theater was purchased by the holding company Artemis, owned by François Pinault .
The rooms of the Marigny theater have also hosted various shows . The hall received the show "Napoleon" by Serge Lama in 1986 , "Antigone" by Jean Anouilh in 2003, Serge Lama concert in 2005 ... In the room Popescu was presented in 1983 Education Rita by Willy Russell in 1999 "The Visitor" by Eric -Emmanuel Schmitt, and in 2002 " Elvira " by Henri Bernstein ...
Shuttle transfer to the Théâtre Marigny in Paris
The Marigny Theatre is located 24.9 kilometers from Orly Airport , 30.3 miles from Roissy Charles de Gaulle Airport and 85.2 km from the airport of Beauvais.