Transfer by shuttle taxi to the Butte aux Cailles in Paris
History and tour of the Butte aux Cailles in Paris
Between Place d'Italie and Parc Montsouris , the Butte aux Cailles is a Parisian neighborhood , part of the 13th arrondissement . It is a quiet and surrounded by green spots place . Peaceful during the day, popular night, the Butte aux Cailles kept the image of a village. Quite isolated from the city, this is a good destination for those who want to enjoy a leisurely stroll . This site is served by the RATP bus lines 57 and 67 by lines No. 5, 6 and 7 of the metro station Place d'Italie and the line n ° 6 of Corvisart Metro Station .
La Butte aux Cailles was initially a large plantation wood. It subsequently implanted windmills . In 1543 , the estate became the property of Pierre Caille, from which it takes its name. In the seventeenth century , there was a development of industrial activities such as laundries , tanneries, butchers, tanneries , dye works ... Having used the water Bièvre they provoked unsafe neighborhood . Between 1784 and 1785 , the construction of the wall of general farmers in the northern part of the hill put the district on the outskirts of the capital. Belonging to the municipality of Gentilly, the Butte aux Cailles was annexed to the city of Paris in 1860. In 1863 , a decree of the prefect Haussmann ordered the drilling of a borehole to supply water to the area . It was not until three years later that the work could begin , the latter by the erection of a wooden derrick . Work experienced technical problems. In 1872, they were interrupted . The wooden tower remained the only symbol of the attempt on the Place du Puits- Artesian , who was subsequently appointed place Paul Verlaine. The engineer Paulin Arrault resumed work twenty years later . It was dug up to 582 meters deep to get water . In 1903, the artesian well procured at a rate of 6000 cubic meters of water daily. In 1910, the landfill of the river work was completed . Bièvre no longer exist , they had to find another way to dump the surplus water from the well . To do so, was built in 1924 the pool of the Butte aux Cailles . The artesian well was drilled 38 meters by the year 2000.
La Butte aux Cailles contains buildings , monuments and remarkable places . On the west side , you can see a building that once housed the National School of Telecommunications . Bounded by Vergniaud Daviel Barrault and Tolbiac , it is currently occupied by the Telecom Paris Tech. In Daviel street , there is a set of small -timbered houses said the Little Alsace, at No. 18, Boulevard Auguste- Blanqui is the École Estienne graphic arts and printing at 188 Street Tolbiac stands St. Anne's church of the Butte aux Cailles , on the corner of Vergniaud and Wurtz is the Antoinist Temple, a beautiful building built in 1913 . In the streets of Five Diamonds rises Theatre The Five Diamond which takes its name from an old sign jeweler. It can also be seen in front of two cafes graffiti Miss . Tic, a visual artist ... November 21 , 1783, the Verlaine instead witnessed the first human flight in a balloon , the Marquis of Arlandes and Pilâtre Rozier .
Transfer shuttle taxi to the Butte aux Cailles in Paris
La Butte aux Cailles is located 13.6 kilometers from Orly Airport, 32.9 km from Roissy Charles de Gaulle airport and 100 km from the airport of Beauvais.