Shuttle from Roland-Garros stadium to CDG airport
History and visit the Stade Roland Garros in Paris
The Roland Garros Stadium is located at 2 Avenue Gordon Bennett, near the Bois de Boulogne in the 16th arrondissement of Paris. This is a stage of clay tennis, where every year takes place the Internationaux de France tennis. It is named after Roland Garros, a large sports and aviation pioneer who was killed in aerial combat in 1918. The stadium has a twenty short. Court Philippe Chatrier is the largest with a capacity of over 15,000 seats. It was built in 1928 and named Central Court. Since 2001, he took the name of the former President of the French Tennis Federation, Philippe Chatrier. It is in this short argue that all final each year. Then comes the Suzanne Lenglen court. Built in 1994, this short account up to 10,076 places. A previously called short, it took its current name in 1997 in honor of the first great French tennis champion Suzanne Lenglen. Finally, the short # 1 is the third largest stadium court at Roland Garros. It was built in 1980 and can accommodate up to 3805 spectators. Guided tours of the stadium are held three times per day. They are taught in French, 14 h and 17 h, in English, at 11 h and 15 h. They allow the public to discover the different corners of the stadium as the players reserved area, the media center, locker rooms ... The Roland Garros stadium is served by the RATP bus lines # 22, 32, 52, 62, 72, 123, 241 and PC1, by metro stations Michel-Ange - Molitor, Michel-Ange - Auteuil, Porte de Saint-Cloud and Porte d'Auteuil, lines 9 and 10, and three stations Velib 'located in rue d'Auteuil, Fortifications on the driveway and on the place de la Porte Molitor.
The construction of the Roland Garros stadium was completed in 1928 as the first final of the Davis Cup Musketeers. At the time, it spread over an area of more than three acres and one short counted, the Central Court. During the Second World War, the stadium was used to lock the German and Austrian Jews who wanted to escape the Nazi regime. In the 1970s, the stage was made up of nine short. Work was performed at the location of the center court in 1975. Between 1979 and 1986 four new courts were built in the stadium, followed by six others.
In 1991, the stadium counted nineteen short. In 1994, a new central court was created. The stadium went through a little extension thereafter. The cost of work rose to two hundred and thirty million francs. At the time he covered an area of 7.9 hectares. In 1999, two restaurants and a parking for production vehicles were built. Until 2008, the FFT spent one hundred eighty million euros for the Roland-Garros stadium. In 2011, we proposed a new extension of the latter. This expansion project planned to use part of the garden greenhouses of Auteuil. Leading to a legal battle between the FFT and the municipality against residents and some associations, the project could not be realized.
Inside the stadium also stands the Museum of the French Tennis Federation (FFT) that is devoted to the history of tennis. Besides the various thematic exhibitions that offer to the public, the museum houses other events like book signings, press conferences or seminars.
Transfer to the Stade Roland Garros in Paris
The Roland Garros Stadium is located 18.3 kilometers from Orly Airport, 31.5 km from Roissy Charles de Gaulle Airport and 88.6 km from the airport of Beauvais.