service from Orly airport to Bon marché shopping mall
History and visit the Cheap Paris
The "Bon marché" is located on the left bank of the Seine, in the 7th arrondissement of Paris, at 24 rue de Sèvres, on the corner of rue Babylone and the rue du Bac. Housed in a large building, built by the famous Gustave Eiffel in the late nineteenth century, the "Bon marché" is an area of over 50,000 m2 in luxury trade with several thousand employees to welcome and serve customers.
Created in 1838 by the brothers as Videau luxury boutique market for haberdashery, the place is well located and merchandise appeals to customers. 14 years later, Aristide Boucicaut, who was already in the business of trade, teamed up with them and his wife launched a completely new marketing concept. This was among others to enable open access to the shop and spread the products to be seen by any customer to view the price with a reduced margin to repay unsatisfied customers and also to diversify the types of goods . But he did not neglect the work of the seller which encouraged customers to buy and paid them commissions on sales. He thus developed all marketing aspects of the trade, such as advertising, sales, etc.
In 1863, the doubling cube brothers withdrew from the case and the couple Bouticaut found himself at the head of the "Bon marché". Even then, the store was 300 m2 and 500,000 Francs turnovers. He continued to innovate by providing women special rays on the toilet, reading room for men and children's entertainment. It also launched sales by correspondence, mailings with tissue samples as well as home deliveries. But Aristide Bouticaut died in 1877 and his widow Margaret Bouticaut remained alone at the controls of the store.
Before the death of Aristide Bouticaut, the couple had planned to expand commercial space. They then had to call the great architects of the time that Alexander Laplanche and Louies-Charles Boileau to design the new building and the renowned engineers such as Armand Moisant and Gustave Eiffel for the work. After the death of her husband, Margaret Bouticaut led the project to completion, and thus the area was increased to 50 000 m2 and the number of employees from 12 to 1788. The revenues soar and reach up 72 million francs.
From 1911 to 1913, a new building was erected to house near the Grande Epicerie. The goal is to sell high-end food products. In 1984 the business was bought by LVMH Moet Hennessy Group, Louis Vuitton. Cheap and even strengthened its position reference for luxury goods on the left bank.
The visit of the "Bon marché" is part of tourist routes recommended by the tour operators. Indeed, the products found there are luxury items and choices are many. You can spend hours tirelessly, meters of ray bags, child or baby products, clothing for men, for women, shoes, etc. Beauty products, cosmetics, perfumes, jewelery, watches are also present. In summary, the trip is worth it.
Transfer to shop Bon marché Paris
The "Bon marché" is located 15.1 kilometers from Orly Airport, 32.7 km from Roissy Charles de Gaulle Airport and 89.8 km from the airport of Beauvais.