Transfer and visit to the church Notre-Dame-de-Lorette in Paris
History and visit the church of Notre-Dame-de-Lorette in Paris
Its construction began in 1823 under the reign of Louis XVIII and ended in 1836 during the reign of Louis-Philippe. The Notre-Dame-de-Lorette is a church like parish. It is attached to the Archdiocese of Paris and the Roman Catholic worship is celebrated. It was a historic monument in 1923
This beautiful building was designed by architect Louis-Hippolyte. This church has the same appearance as the Roman temples. The Notre-Dame-de-Lorette was built to glorify the miracle of Loretto in Italy which is transporting the house of the Virgin by angels.
The exterior of the church is shaped by four Corinthian columns and statues. The entablature of the façade is characterized by three statues representing sanctities expressing faith, charity and hope. In the tympanum of the façade is decorated with fabulous statues representing the Virgin and Child adored by six angels.
The most impressive of this church is its interior decoration which has well-developed typical of Louis-Philippe. Several painters and artists have collaborated on the decoration of the interior of the church. The Notre-Dame-de-Lorette is the stained Paris with its many murals. The dome in the choir, various friezes, the triumphal arch and above the coffered ceiling give this magnificent building style original and complex. The interior of the church is composed of columns with Ionic capitals.
Transfer to Notre-Dame-de-Lorette
The Notre-Dame-de-Lorette localizes in the 9th arrondissement of Paris, on the rue de Châteaudun. its distance
is 21 km from Orly airport, 27.5 km from Charles de Gaulle airport.