History and visit the Pantheon in Paris The Pantheon in Paris is a historical monument. Its type is originally ecclesiastical style with neoclassicism. The building locates on the establishment of the Pantheon in the middle of the Latin Quarter. Its construction began in 1758 and ended in 1790.
The architect who designed this magnificent monument is Jacques-Germain Soufflot. He undertook a Greco-Roman architecture. The Pantheon is a monument of considerable size, as it is 110 meters long, 80 meters wide and 83 meters high. Seen from above, the building is in the shape of a Greek cross.
In 1744, Louis XV fell ill. He vowed to restore the abbey of St. Genevieve in case of recovery. The Pantheon is a huge crypt to receive the men who contributed to the liberation of France. This crypt is spread in the entire Pantheon and contains 67 tombs as well as vaults. It has several galleries separated by poles oldest Greek architecture.
The Coronation of the main facade is dominated by statues of religious and secular scenarios. The pediment is supported by Corinthian columns and symbolizes the republic, science and history. The pantheon is provided with a dome made of a narcotic triple dome.
The interior of the Pantheon is ornamented with murals and columns. It consists of a vaulted nave accompanied by buttresses. Architect joins the Gothic, Byzantine, classic, but also ancient Greek for the construction of this building.
Transferred to the Pantheon in Paris The Pantheon is located on the street Soufflot in the 5th arrondissement of Paris. Orly airport is 15 km from the monument, the Charles de Gaulle airport 30 km.