Transfer and visit to Saint-Sulpice church in Paris
History and visit the church of Saint-Sulpice in Paris
The church of Saint-Sulpice belongs to the Archdiocese of Paris and the famous Roman Catholic worship. It is a parish church type whose construction began in 1646 and ended in 1870. In 1915, the church of Saint-Sulpice is ranked among the historical monuments of France.
It is one of the largest churches in Paris with the 119 meters long, 57 meters wide and 30 meters high.
The initial architecture of the church of Saint-Sulpice mimics some buildings built by the Jesuits. This church is in the shape of a Latin cross with a single nave, clerestory windows, cupolas at the crossroads. The main facade is characterized by two imposing towers. The towers are topped by a balustrade.
The interior of the church of Saint-Sulpice has been shaped by the architect Gittard with a classic style. It is characterized by the nave, "gnomon" dating from 1743, the chapel of the Virgin, the sacristy, the great Cavaillé-Coll organ and wall paintings of the famous painter Delacroix.
The chapel of the Virgin localizes to the longitudinal axis of the church. It is Baroque. A representation of the Virgin and Child crushing a serpent characterizes this chapel. The chapel has two magnificent stained with the pattern of the virgin for lighting.
The most impressive of this church is the presence of a large organ. This marvel was built between 1776 and 1781par François-Henri Clicquot. The buffet organ is adorned by sculptures of Louis XVI style. IT is one of the valuable collections of the monument.
Transfer to the church of Saint-Sulpice in Paris
The church of Saint-Sulpice is located in the 6th arrondissement of Paris on the Place Saint-Sulpice. It is a distance of 29 km from Charles de Gaulle airport, 17 km from Orly airport.