Shuttle visit to Saint-Germain l’Auxerrois Church in Paris
History and visit the church of Saint-Germain l'Auxerrois in Paris
The construction of the church of Saint-Germain l'Auxerrois was initiated to the twelfth century, and requested late in the fifteenth century .. The parish church is kind and is part of the Archdiocese of Paris. It celebrates the Roman Catholic worship. This building has been classified as historical monuments of France since 1862.
Structurings were made in the sixteenth and eighteenth centuries. She was devastated in the sixteenth century and this has led to the destruction of the rood screen, the tympanum of the portal and windows. This church has been transformed into a place of sale of hay and printing during the revolution. After that, renovations were made to the XX centuries.
The church of Saint-Germain l'Auxerrois is one of the oldest monuments of Paris. The Gothic style prevailing in the church added a Romanesque and Baroque styles. It has always been regarded as a parish of the kings because its contiguity with the Louvre.
This church has an impressive tower with fine sculptures and crowned with gargoyles. The porch of the church dates from the fifteenth century Gothic decorations which form dancing flames. The statues are not lost outside the church because they adorn the facade and corners with representations of saints.
The interior of the church features a nave, transepts, columns, ribbed vaults, arches very impressive. It has stained glass windows dating from the sixteenth century. The peculiarity of this church is the presence of two flaming altar representing religious scenes atypical.
Transfer to the church of Saint-Germain l'Auxerrois The church of Saint-Germain l'Auxerrois is located in the 1st arrondissement of Paris. It is situated at a distance of 20 km from Orly airport, 31 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 86 km from Beauvais Airport.