The construction of this church began in 1653 during the reign of King Louis XIV. Construction have experienced periods of interruption due to lack of funding. It is kind of attached to the parish and the Archdiocese of Paris. This building was listed in the ranks of historical monuments since 1914.
The architect who has ay point plan of this church is the architect Jacques Mercier. Baroque style dominated the French monument. This church is 126 meters long and is one of the largest churches in Paris. She witnessed the fighting during the royalist agitation of 1795. Despite the looting during the revolution, it was reappropriated some of these treasures. This church serves instead conservatory works of art collected in some churches devastated by the French Revolution.
His plan mimics some buildings built by the Jesuits in particular the Church of the Gesu in Rome. The main facade of the church is shaped by Doric columns topped by Corinthian columns. It is decorated with statues of sanctity. The absence of a church steeple differentiates this from others.
This church has three distinct chapels: Chapel of the Virgin, the Chapel of the Communion and the chapel of Calvary. Each chapel is a museum cat it contains works of art for centuries. The vault of the choir, cupolas, transepts are dominated by impressive paintings depicting religious scenes. In the ambulatory exposed many religious paintings arts. The interior of the church is filled with architectural works of art but mostly art.
Transfer to the Saint-Roch church in Paris The Church of St. Roch is located in the 1st arrondissement of Paris. It is situated at a distance of 19 km from Orly airport, 28 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 86 km from Beauvais Airport.