History and visit the temple of Billets in Paris
The temple is located billets in the 4th arrondissement of Paris on the rue des Archives street formerly called billets. It is kind of cloister and church. It celebrates the Lutheran church. Fabrication work began in 1754 and was completed in 1758. ^ It is classified as a historic monument since 1862.
The dominant style in this building is the rococo style. It is the only monastery that dates back to medieval Paris. It was an old Catholic church available to the Lutheran to the nineteenth century. The architect who implemented the completion of this building is Mansart Sagonne.
In ancient times, it was the church of the Carmelite convent-Billets. It has the expiatory chapel celebrating the memory of the host defiled by a Jew in 1290. During the Revolution, the church and cloister were classified national asset. They are bought by the city of Paris and converted Lutheran church. A complementary platform was built in 1824.
The interior of the temple is decorated mainly during the reign of Louis Philippe, with the exception of the altar and lectern dating from the modern era. Decorative stained glass with secular scenes such as "The Miracle billets" bring light shining inside the temple. This temple is characterized by a medieval cloister. The cloister is formed by arches composed of pointed arches shaped dancing flame. The highlight of this temple was built between 1982 and 1983 by Mülheisen inaugurated in 1983.
Shuttle temple Billets in Paris The temple billet is at a distance of 21 km from Orly airport, 28 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 90.8 km from the airport of Beauvais.