History and visit the Grand Palais in Paris The Grand Palace is located in the eighth arrondissement of Paris on Avenue Franklin Delano Roosevelt. Its construction began in 1897 at the site of the former Palace of the industry. It was restored in 1900 for the Universal Exhibition. This building has been done to highlight the French arts. It is the official art exhibition venue in Paris.
It has an area of 77,000 square meters which can accommodate major exhibitions. The style of fine art, neo-antique dominates in the construction of the building. Several architects have contributed to the construction of the grand palace as Charles Girault, Albert-Félix-Théophile Thomas, Albert Louvet, Henri Deglane.
The façade opens onto the Avenue Winston Churchill is decorated with a colonnade centered by a huge gallery with three arches. Sculptures of the pediments adorn impressive sizes. Friezes depicting mosaics overcome the colonnade. The facade on avenue Franklin Roosevelt offers a central pavilion with a door majestic. Corridors have this part in pairs of columns.
The Grand Palais is characterized by the presence of its huge glass hall 200 meters long and 55 meters wide. The interior of grand palace receives the light of day with these huge glass as a roof. This hall has a nave equipped with a magnificent staircase iron lace. All chains used in the construction of this masterpiece marking the end of eclecticism is 6000 tons. The floor of the hall is filled with mosaics depicting floral motifs formed by abacules colored.
Shuttle to the Grand Palais in Paris The Grand Palais is localized at a distance of 20 km from Orly airport to 29.9 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 87.9 km from the airport of Beauvais.