Private Shuttle from Palais de Justice to Roissy CDG
History and visit to the courthouse in Paris
The courthouse is located in the first arrondissement of Paris on the Île de la Cité. It is classified as a historic monument since 1975. Construction of this monument were made between the thirteenth and nineteenth century.
The courthouse was the residence of the French kings, including Philip Augustus and Saint Louis. It stands on the site of the Roman governors and dukes Capetian. King Saint Louis built the holy chapel, concierge and kitchens of the king. La Sainte Chapelle is a place where kings were delivering punishment.
It is in 1431 that the kings were housed in the Louvre palace and gave the courthouse at the meeting. Successive fires and destroyed the palace in 1618, 1737, and 1776. Repairs were made by the architect Salomon de Brosse. During the Second Empire, expansions were made by architects and Duke Daumet.
It became the seat of the French judicial system including the Supreme Court, the Court of Appeal, the High Court and the prosecutor. This building also contains the Bar of Paris and the Regional Directorate of the Judicial Police. Special places in the palace serve as a place of incarceration of people awaiting trial.
A square tower 47 meters high is adorned by a beautiful clock and golden sculpture. The main facade of the palace has three towers that are Caesar's tower, Silver, Bonbec crowned roofs gatehouse. Inside the palace is composed by the concourse and the gilded chamber.
Shuttle courthouse in Paris
The courthouse is located 17.7 km from Orly Airport, 28 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 90 km from the airport of Beauvais.