Shuttle from Palais de l’Institut to Paris airports
History and visit the palace of the Institute in Paris
The palace of the Institute is located in the 6th arrondissement of Paris on the Quai de Conti. The construction of this palace was started in 1662 and ended in 1688. The architect who implemented the completion of this building is Louis Le Vau. It has been classified as a historic monument in 1862.
The palace of the Institute is the seat of the French artistic and scholarly associations since 1805 at the request of Napoleon. He met including the Academy of Inscriptions and Literature, French, moral and political science, fine arts, science. Many cultural institutions are attached to the inner circle as museums, historical monuments.
Completion of the institute has been made thanks to the wealth and the will of Cardinal Mazarin in 1661. The construction was made during the reign of King Louis XIV. At the beginning, the palace of the institute was a former college dedicated to the four nations: Artois, Pinerolo, Roussillon, Alsace with these sixty gentlemen.
In the middle of the main facade of the palace of the Institute is the portal decorated by a Corinthian order. The portal is crowned with magnificent sculpture very fine with a pediment whose details are well cared for. The building is topped by a dome whose top is decorated with a golden lantern.
It has two sitting rooms one is large and the other small. Under the dome lies the large room dedicated to solemn assemblies. The antechamber leading to the chamber is decorated with statues of famous character from the world of literature as Alembert, Fontaine, Molière, Montesquieu. Four libraries are connected to the institute.
Shuttle To Palais de L'Institut in Paris
The palace of the institute locates at a distance of 19.6 km from Orly Airport to 29.5 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 90.2 km from the airport of Beauvais.