The Bois de Boulogne is located west of Paris in the 16th arrondissement on the driveway of the Waterfront. It is part of the lung Paris. It mimics the English gardens. The creation of the Bois de Boulogne was made between 1853 and 1857. It is two and a half times larger than Central Park in New York City with an area of 846 hectares.
It is located on the spot where stood the forest Rouvray. The land was donated by Childeric II to the Abbot of Saint-Denis. Much of the forest was purchased by Philip Augustus to create a game reserve. This forest is spread right on the shore seine to Saint Ouen. It was a refuge for thieves and kings hunting grounds.
Caves and artificial waterfalls were built in 1860. After the breakdown of the old forest, it is called wood Saint-Cloud. The name it bears today was given to the fourteenth century.
The Bois de Boulogne has three rivers, whose mare St. James, Lake Superior and the lower lake. The party is at the center of the timber contains the Parc de Bagatelle and garden Pré-Catelan. Acclimatization garden is located in the northern part of the garden and greenhouses of Auteuil in the southern part.
The Bois de Boulogne campsite has a 7 wooded acres. It consists of 510 places for caravans and tents. The most impressive of this site is the existence of 75 mobile-homes 4 stars.
Transfer to the Bois de Boulogne in Paris
The Bois de Boulogne is located 25 km from Orly Airport to 37.4 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 88.5 km from the airport of Beauvais.