Shared shuttle from Hôtel de Ville de Paris to airport
History and visit the Hotel de Ville in Paris
The Hôtel de Ville de Paris is located in the 4th arrondissement on the rue de Lobau. The architects who contributed to the realization of this building are Théodore Ballu and Édouard Deperthes. The construction of the City Hall were made between 1357 and 1628. The architecture of this building is neo-renaissance style. It houses the City of Paris and all its institutions.
At the beginning, the municipality of Paris was hosted in "the house to the Pillars", built in 1357. It has been replaced by a building whose plans are designed by the Italian architect Boccador. Expansions were made between 1836 and 1850 while maintaining the facade of the Renaissance. The building was burned May 24, 1871 by the Communards. It was rebuilt between 1874 and 1882.
The main facade of the Town Hall is characterized by statues of famous Paris. The statues are representations of politicians, scientists, artists as Jean d'Alembert Rod, Pierre Lescot, Théodore Rousseau, Richelieu, Pierre de Montereau. The esplanade of the Hôtel de Ville has two statues made of bronze depicting the image of art and science.
The interior of the Town Hall is characterized by a huge ballroom. This large room mimics the Hall of Mirrors at Versailles. It has impressive frescos representing sixteen provinces of France made by Jean Joseph Weerts, Paul Milliet, Ferdinand Humbert and François-Émile Ehrmann. It has two rooms, the living room and the arches of the arts. Majestic fountains adorn the courtyard of the building. He holds the first public library open to the public.
Transfer to the Hotel de Ville in Paris
The Town Hall locates at 16.4 km from Orly Airport, 30 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 90 km from the airport of Beauvais.