History and visit the tower of Saint-Jacques in Paris
Saint-Jacques Tower is the remaining part of the church of Saint-Jacques of the butchery was the steeple of the old church. It has 52 meters in height with a representative Gothic flames. The construction was made between 1509 and 1523. The realization of this tower was made by Jean de Felin, Julien and Jean de Revier Ménart.
The building is located in the 4th arrondissement of Paris on the rue de Rivoli. It is part of a historic monument since 1862. This monument was World Heritage listed under the road to St Jacques de Compostela since 1998.
The ancient church of Saint-Jacques butcher kept a relic belonging to Saint-Jacques. It has become a place of pilgrimage known. The building was destroyed during the Revolution and only the tower was spared. The tower is owned by the city of Paris and was rehabilitated in 1853 by Théodore Ballu.
The tower is elaborately adorned with sculptures of the Gothic features. Four statues representing the four Evangelists are at the top of the tower with the Angel, the ox, the lion and the eagle. On the top of the tower is a statue of Saint-Jacques Maggiore to 4 meters in height. Extraordinary gargoyles on each side of the tower. A statue of Blaise Pascal is located in the tower and statue of St. John the Baptist on the side. Restoration work has been done on the facades and statues.
Transfer to the tower of Saint-Jacques in Paris The tower of Saint-Jacques is located at a distance of 18.9 km from Orly Airport, 28 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 90.9 km from the airport of Beauvais.