Shuttle from Conciergerie to Paris airports
History and visit the Conciergerie in Paris
La Conciergerie is a former prison that is located in the 1st arrondissement of Paris on the Boulevard of the palace. The construction of this building was done under the orders of King Philippe le Bel. Its construction began in 1285 and ended in 1353.
It is part of the Palace of Justice in Paris. The building type is ribbed vault. It is a listed monument since 1914.
The prisons were placed on the ground floor and first floor and served as annex to the Court of Cassation. The concierge was a temporary prison for inmates who should be placed in another penitentiary. Famous people have passed through this prison as Marie Antoinette, General Hoche, Charlotte Corday.
The place is built concierge was the courtyard of the palace of the kings and later became a royal garden. It served as the residence of the royal residence concierge prior to a prison in the fifteenth century, hence its name concierge.
The dock clock has four impressive towers which are remnants of the palace. The towers consist of: Bonbec tower dating from the reign of St. Louis, the Twin Towers, the silver tower, the tower of Caesar from the reign of Philip the Fair and the clock tower square.
The interior of this building is characterized by the Gothic style. It is made by people living weapons, magnificent guard room and kitchen pavilion dating from the fourteenth century. Currently, this majestic building is a museum.
Transfer to the Conciergerie in Paris
The concierge is localized at a distance of 19 km from Orly Airport to 29.8 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 90 km from the airport of Beauvais.