Shuttle transfer Palais de l’Industrie to Paris airports
History and visit the Palais de l'Industrie in Paris
Designed by three architects, Viel, Desjardins, Edward Villain and an engineer, Barrault, the Palais de l'Industrie des Beaux-Arts and commonly known by the Palais de l'Industrie was raised from 1853 to 1855 to receive the Fair of 1855. In this regard, it was the emblem of the first World Expo in France. This event was a huge success with its five million visitors and was somehow a response to the London exhibition of 1851 with his Crystal Palace.
The Palais de l'Industrie was inaugurated by Napoleon III on 15 May 1855. It is located in the heart of Paris in the eighth arrondissement of Paris to the south of the Champs-Elysées vis-à-vis the Avenue Marigny.
This large building quadrilateral long 254 meters wide and 110.40 m spanning more than two hectares and whose main facade took the form of a triumphal arch opening onto a large central nave has a rationalist architecture iron and glass characteristic of his time.
Unlike buildings erected for the Expos, the Palais de l'Industrie was to provide a framework for permanent exhibition, also served to large industrial events and military ceremonies, his first name was also Napoleon Palace, the Rooms painting, horse and various exhibitions of applied arts industry.
To prepare for the Universal Exhibition of 1900, the Palace of Industry was destroyed to make room at the Petit Palais and the Grand Palais, and his disappearance has drawn between the two new buildings the current avenue Winston-Churchill.
Transfer to the Palais de l'Industrie
Palace of Industry locates 26 km from Orly airport, 31 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 87 km from Beauvais Airport.