The Bois de Vincennes is located east of Paris in the 12th arrondissement. It has an area of 995 hectares and half of the land is forested. It was created between 1855 and 1866 and imitates English gardens. This beautiful garden has several facilities. It is owned by the city of Paris since 1860.
The Bois de Vincennes was surrounded collapse in 1162 and Louis VII had built a wall on the side of the bell tower and Paris Saint-Mande. The construction of the barrier was continued by Philip Augustus, because the wood contained wildlife deer, stags and deer. The fence was erected by St. Louis and Vincennes continues to grow.
The Bois de Vincennes is placed on a tray gently advanced to the north by the rivers Seine and Marne. The ground of this garden is sandy and has no hydraulic source. It has primarily of wood and lawn.
Gutters and artificial lakes were created when creating wood by Jean-Charles Alphand. The lake bottom is cement to ensure impermeability. Wood has four lakes that have their sources in a network channel.
Lake gravel is in the southeastern part of the wood and serves as a repository for other lakes. Tiny Lake is located north-east and consists of three islands. Lake Daumesnil is localized in the extreme west of the wood and includes two islands. It is the largest lake in the garden. And the last lake is Lake Saint-Mande.
Transfer to the Bois de Vincennes in Paris
The Bois de Vincennes is localized at a distance of 20.5 km from Orly Airport, 30 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 100 km from Beauvais Airport