Shuttle from Botanical garden in Paris to Charles de Gaulle
History and visit the Jardin des Plantes in Paris
The botanical garden is located in the 5th arrondissement of Paris on the rue Cuvier. The garden is located between Paris Mosque and the Jussieu campus. He stands on a land area of 23.5 hectares. Creating the garden was made in 1635 by Guy de La Brosse and the inauguration was made in 1640. IL is the property of the National Museum of Natural History and ranked among the campus.
It was done in order to study medicinal plants and natural science. The king's physician had direct access to the garden special. At the beginning, the garden had 2360 plant samples and classrooms for studying chemistry, astronomy and botany. Currently, the botanical garden is open to the public after five years of work and millions of investment. It has four greenhouses of metal that are placed along the panorama.
A winter garden of 750 square meters is made by René Berger in 1937. It is Art Deco and generally includes tropical plants and a stream. Mexican greenhouse keeps plants from arid environments. It was conducted by Rohault Fleury between 1834 and 1836. The greenhouse Australian and New Caledonian made by Rohault Flower. The greenhouse paleobotany which shows the evolution of plants.
The garden also has a rose which retains 170 species of roses in Europe, and decorated with two statues. It is characterized by the presence of the school and botanical menagerie. The school has nearly 4500 species of arbuscular, plants and trees. It was created in the eighteenth century by the botanist André Thouin.
Transfer to the botanical garden in Paris The botanical garden is localized at a distance of 20 km from Orly airport, 30 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 100 km from Beauvais Airport