History and visit the Jardin des Tuileries in Paris
The Jardin des Tuileries is localized in the 1st arrondissement of Paris on the Place de la Concorde. It is owned by the city of Paris. The construction of the garden began with the construction of the palace of the Tuileries by Queen Catherine de Medici in 1564.
This garden is listed as a historic monument since 1914. It is the national domain of the Louvre since 2005 it is a World Heritage by UNESCO in 1991.
The original plan of the Jardin des Tuileries was provided by Jacques Androuet Hoop 1578. He went six major cut by eight aisles. Aisles showed rectangular boxes decorated with various motifs. The garden was decorated with trees staggered, hatcheries of flowers, mazes, grottoes, fountains and sculptures.
Renovations were continued during the reign of Louis XIII and Louis XIV. The garden has taken the shape of a French garden with its many works of art. Modern statues were added by the architect William Edmond center plantations and vases.
The Jardin des Tuileries is the oldest French garden in Paris. It is characterized by the presence of various fountains. The large octagonal basin is the largest with these fountains. The large round pool is located next to the Louvre. The small round basin of the south and north is adorned by the statue of the tiger and the tiger statue made by Auguste Cain in 1873. Rectangular basins north and south are decorated with statues depicting Atalanta and Hippomenes.
Transfer to the Jardin des Tuileries in Paris The botanical garden is localized at a distance of 20 km from Orly airport, 30 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 86 km from Beauvais Airport