Shuttle transfer from Picpus cemetery to Parisian airports
History and visit the cemetery Picpus in Paris
The necropolis of Picpus is in the 17th arrondissement of Paris on the rue Picpus. He was commissioned in 1794 and has two graves. It is part of the private tombs of Paris. It has an area of 21 hectares.
It was an enclosure belonging to the nuns of St. Augustine. The chapel of Notre-Dame-de-la-Paix and a home at the time are still in the field. During the Revolution, the nuns were dislodged from the place. The garden has been dug to make way for mass graves.
People whose nobles executed on the Place du Trone overthrown currently place the nation are buried, including soldiers, monks, commoners, nuns, priests. The Marquis de La Fayette was buried in the cemetery with an American flag floating over his grave.
When peace is established, the nobles have purchased the place to be buried near their similar. The land was purchased by the Privacy Princess Amelia of Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen in 1796. Families of people organized themselves and created an association for the company to obtain Picpus the field. A second tomb was built near the graves.
Picpus crypt is a place of remembrance and prayer for the victims of massacres and executors. A plaque containing the names of victims at the door of the chapel. Currently, gravel placed above the graves.
Transfer to Picpus cemetery in Paris
Cemetery Picpus locates at 20.9 km from Orly Airport to 26.6 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 96 km from the airport of Beauvais.