Shuttle transfer from Arsenal library to Paris airports
History and visit the Arsenal Library in Paris
The library of the arsenal is located in the 4th arrondissement of Paris on the Rue de Sully. It is located in the Bastille district across the street from the armory and move to where the masters lived weapons. King Francis was first built in the 16th century Arsenal. Expansions have been undertaken by the architect Germain Boffrand the 18th century.
In the mid-18th century, Antoine René d'Argenson occupied the premises. He had a large collection encyclopedia, manuscripts, books and engravings. The collection was open to men of letters and scholars. This is what explains the origin of this encyclopedic library.
In 1757, Argenson became owner and Arsenal had completed the collection. The range has accumulated after obtaining the collection of the Duke of La Vallière in 1786. The library maintains Arsenal French literature between the 16th and 19th century. It has a wide collection of arts, the world of books, music, history of art, media, science, politics, religion, photographs and posters.
Currently, she has about a million volumes. The main library collection is characterized by the archives of the Bastille, which dates from 1660, the bottom Lambert 1969, Prosper Enfantin funds, funds Lacroix, parliamentary records. The facade of the National Library is adorned by sculptures of which are well cared for. The interior is decorated with majestic frescoes and paintings.
Transfer to Arsenal Library in Paris The library of the Arsenal is at a distance of 18.9 km from Orly Airport to 29.9 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 90.8 km from the airport of Beauvais.