Place Maubert is located in the 5th arrondissement of Paris on the outskirts of Sorbonne and Saint-Victor. It begins at the Boulevard Saint-Germain and rue Maître Alberte and ends and Lagrange streets and Frederic Sauton. It has a pentagonal shape. The construction of this site was made in the early 13th century. It was formerly named the place Aubert.
The realization of the place was made at the same time as the construction of houses in 1210. The name that is currently derived from the deformation of its former name "instead Aubert." Aubert was the abbot of Sainte-Geneviève. He was the creator vices butchers on the scene in the 12th century.
In the 16th century, the Place Maubert was a place of penance printers. Etienne Dolet was among those tortured and killed on the spot. A statue made of bronze is dedicated to Etienne Dolet. It was inaugurated June 19, 1889 and became a sign of freedom of thought and writing. It was withdrawn by the authority in 1942.
The market was set up on this place in 1547 with the movement of market Palu. It is one of the oldest markets in the city of Paris. The market moves to the place where the outdoor education in theology and philosophy. The market was repealed before being replaced in the late 19th century. Currently, the Place Maubert is the appointment of buyers and sellers on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
Transfer to the Place Maubert in Paris
Place Maubert is located 17 km from Orly Airport to 28.7 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 91.1 km from the airport of Beauvais.