Shuttle transport Charles de Gaulle to avenue du Général Lemonnier in Paris
History and visit the Avenue du General Lemonnier in Paris
Avenue du General Lemonnier is a street that is located in the first district of the city of Paris. It is located in the district of Saint Germain l'Auxerrois. The creation of this avenue was made circa 1877.
It was called rue des Tuileries and a little later she was named Avenue Paul Deroulede. Another avenue was called Paul Deroulede in the 15th arrondissement. This led to the change of its name. The name it bears today was given on 25 March 1957.
Avenue du General Lemonnier begins at dock tile and ends at the rue de Rivoli. It measures 317 meters long and 20 meters wide. The opening of the avenue was made later by a treaty between the State and the City of Paris on 15 February 1877.
The name of the street is a tribute to Émile Lemonnier, a brigadier assassinated hero in the region of Tonkin. It consists of two historical monuments, including the Louvre and the Tuileries palace.
The particularity of the Avenue du Général Lemonnier is the implementation of the LHD unlike traffic lanes in France. The majority of the route is underground, covering the bottom of the Jardin des Tuileries.
Avenue du Général Lemonnier extends street pyramids. If the Tuileries palace is still in its old location, the facade that stretched the Pavillon de Flore Pavilion de Marsan opens on Avenue du General Lemonnier.
Transfer to the Avenue du General Lemonnier in Paris Avenue du General Lemonnier is located 18.4 km from Orly airport, 28.6 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 88.8 km from the airport of Beauvais.