Shuttle transfer Orly to place des Pyramides in Paris
History and visit the site of the Pyramids in Paris
The place is a rectangular square pyramids located in the first district of the city of Paris. It is located in the Royal Palace facing the avenue of General Lemonnier. Before 1932, it was called up Rivoli. It currently bears the name was given after a decree of 5 January 1932.
It begins at the rue de Rivoli and ends at the Rue des Pyramids. This is a small place measuring 42 meters long and 23.5 meters wide. It is located at the end of the street where the pyramids its name. The name of the street was given in memory of the Egyptian campaign led by General Bonaparte in 1798.
Between the 16th and 17th century on the site of the square pyramid was a horse riding establishment. The property was held by Antoine de Pluvinel, the squire of Henry III, Henry IV and Louis XIII. He was the first educational center of classical riding. A plaque in memory of the riding academy is located at the top of the door of the restaurant Regina.
Equestrian statue of Joan of Arc in the middle of the square of the Pyramids. It was made of bronze by the sculptor Emmanuel Frémiet in 1874. The statue stands near the place where Joan of Arc was hit during the attack in Paris in 1429. A grid made by Gabriel Davioud framed the base of the statue.
Transfer to the place of the Pyramids in Paris
Instead of the pyramids up to 18.6 km from Orly Airport, 28 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 89 km from Beauvais Airport.