Located in the district of Marais the rue de Montmorency existed since the 13th century. Its history is closely linked to the crusade and temple knight or Templar, protectors of the Holy Sepulcher in the Holy Land. Montmorency street is one of important historical places of Paris.
Montmorency street, 363 meters long and 10 meters wide, begins at Temple Street to finish in Saint-Martin. At the time of the revolution, rue de Montmorency was called rue de la Reunion. Holding the rue Montmorency is the Rue du Temple is one of the most historic streets of Paris as its history is closely linked to the Knights Templar. Temple Street was also in the middle of the 17th century the cradle of several religious buildings.
Resulting Street Montmorency, rue Saint-Martin is admired as one of the oldest streets in Paris. It takes its name from the abbey of Saint-Martin morphed into a parish church Saint-Nicolas-des-Champs in 1184. Montmorency street is lined with many old buildings, the most remarkable are known mansion that greeted Mary Magdalene and Castile in the 17th century and the former home of Madame de Sévigné to No. 8.
The course of 363 meters from the street takes its name from Montmorency Sire Montmorency Mathieu, a wealthy owner of a mansion built in the 13th century. The width of the street was established by a royal decree issued in January 1829. This is a particularly historic street contains several old buildings that make the charm of Paris.
Transfer to rue Montmorency in Paris Montmorency street is 19 km from Orly Airport to 25.4 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 83.9 km from Beauvais Airport.